SaraTaylor13

Sara's Library

Read, read, read! Read if you want to succeed. I love reading and soon you will, too! Just check out the books I hand-picked just for you.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator - Roald Dahl

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is a favorite. It is the story of a very poor boy who finds a golden ticket and wins the chance to tour a chocolate factory. He meets Willy Wonka, a candy maker there. It is not one of my favorite books, but children seem to love it and we could always watch the movie afterwards as a fun way to increase comprehension! It's fun for readers to be able to see what they pictured in their head while reading up on the screen. Fountas and Pinnell suggest this book is a Level R which is the 4th grade level. For the activity, I think it would be fun for everyone to write a poem about their favorite candy! The students could have the week to write the poem, and on Friday they would bring enough of that candy to share with everyone, and present their poetry to the class. Then we could all eat the candy and watch the movie! (More like a class party)